Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, going beyond being a company that makes the world's best chip to one that also delivers AI experiences to people.
This is no longer about system libraries and device drivers at Intel. Big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka and Samza, multi-tenant and distributed applications are in the center of it all and the cutting-edge cognitive computing platform.
About this position... We are looking for an innovative self-starter to help us develop cognitive computing software platforms. Our platform will power both enterprise server software and cloud-based SaaS offerings, enabling Intel, its customers, and its partners to create and manage smarter applications and devices.
What you will do... .Research and develop statistical learning models for cognitive systems. Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions. Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis. Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate code implementation. Design and development of C/C++ components preferably in a server environment.
You must possess the below required qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline AND 5+ years of relevant software development experience in the following areas:
· Building enterprise software products or web applications
· Producing design and technical artifacts, planning and executing the development projects
· Strong understanding of software design patterns
· Competence with Python, Linux shell scripting, or other scripting languages
· You should have at least 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
o Experience with STL
o Experience with Boost
o Experience with TBB
o Experience with virtualization technologies e.g. Virtual Box, Docker, VMWare
o Experience with Cx11 and Cx14
o Experience with industry standard development tool chains
· Experience with industry-standard development tool chains
· Knowledge of LuaC (Make experience is a plus)
· Knowledge at least of one "big data" framework or distributed datastore e.g. Hadoop Map-Reduce, Samza, Spark, Solr, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo, Zookeeper, Kafka, ETLSound
· Knowledge of product and applications security
· Experience on scaling and performance optimization of distributed systems
· Experience with a distributed version control system e.g. git, Mercurial Triaging
· Solving problems in distributed systems in integrated release and production environments including functionality, performance and scaling bottlenecks.
· Willingness to work in an agile environment where unit testing, code quality automated checks and peer review, and continuous integration are a critical part of the development process
Inside this Business Group
California, Santa Clara;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1274358/C-Software-Engineer-Data-Scientist-for-Cognitive-Computing/
• Post ID: 42858538 raleigh