What you’ll be doing...
The Connected City Enterprise Architect will provide specialist architectural ownership and solution management across all solution towers. The role will provide Enterprise Architecture support to opportunities for Smart Communities with high complexity.
Together with the assigned Business Development Manager, the Connected City Enterprise Architect provides leadership of the opportunity team and works with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the Community “client” strategy, processes and information technology assets. The role of the Connected City Enterprise Architect is to take this knowledge and ensure that the client business requirements and theEnd to End Solutionare in alignment. The Connected City Enterprise Architect links the vision, mission, strategy, and processes of a community to its IT strategy, and documents this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be delivered by the Verizon solution.
The Connected City Enterprise Architect position is responsible for working with IT executives and community agency leaders as a trusted technical advisor/ partner to:
- Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and it’s ability to support strategic objectives
- Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align smart community technology and infrastructure with corporate objectives
- Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plan
- Translate Client business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Develop a conceptual solution architecture using a combination of Verizon standard products and selected third party suppliers to produce an end to end solution
- Build and communicate the value proposition of the end to end solution to client executives
- Collaborate with Verizon Policy and teams to ensure solution is compliant with Verizon standards.
- Manage the interaction with specific product specialists to identify and collect detailed technical requirements
- Partner with the bid management organization to build out detailed RFP responses and contract development
- Coordinate efforts across Verizon support/product specialist organizations to ensure overall integrity and consistency of the final proposed solution
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in the Client facing Governance Program
- Lead strategic architectural planning to achieve goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future state architectures
- Collaborate with the appropriate Verizon and client departments to develop an Architectural Vision and Innovation plan that supports the Client’s strategic goals
- Develop and communicate Technology/Service and Business process alignment plans to client and Verizon executive teams, staff, partners, and stakeholders
- Assess and communicate risks and identify Client dependencies
- Assist in the development of the Client business case and ensure this is aligned to the Transition strategy to both maximize Client benefit realization and Verizon revenue
- Act as a Thought Leader for the client’s business goals and vision via regular in-person and written communications with the client executives, agency/department heads and end users.
What we’re looking for...
A Verizon Connected City Enterprise Architect is someone that does not simply see the problems of today, but rather the challenges of tomorrow and the impact these challenges will have on the world. They are the architects of the future. They see how technology 2-5 years from now will change the way cities and communities connect and engage with each other and critical services such as transportation, utilities, law enforcement, healthcare, and education.
A Connected City Enterprise Architect is a broad thinker and a self-motivator. They are someone that has the creativity to develop ideas on their own, and then work collaboratively to evolve these ideas into reality. They are a leader and a consensus builder.
The role is simple; lead Verizon and its customer’s into the future. To do this an SVC Enterprise Architect must be the foremost expert in Smart Communities and all the Verizon Products, Services, and Lines of Business that comprise our Smart Community value prop. They must demonstrate this expertise through individual actions as well as an ability to collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams.
Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Complete, expert level and working knowledge of Complete IP Technology Stack (MPLS/Internet/Optical/Ethernet/VPN/R&S) and related Verizon products and service offerings.
- Expert level knowledge of Smart Community Technology (Parking, Lighting, Public Safety, Video, Public Wifi)
- Expert level on Verizon Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud offerings and architecture.
- In-depth market knowledge of SVC Providers such as Google and IBM.
- Expert level knowledge of Networking, Cable Systems and Partners.
- Expert level knowledge of Managed Network Services (LAN, WAN, 802.11, UC and CCS)
- Expert level knowledge of LTE/4G/5G Networking.
- Senior level expertise on Security Solutions (Firewalls, IDS, Event and Incident Management)
- Expert level knowledge of Data Center Outsourcing (application hosting, managed storage)
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services)
- Information Security/ Cyber Security experience at the network, application and data layer
- Monitoring and management solutions from a customer and service provider perspective
- Solution and integration design. End to end
Required Skills and Experience
- 10-14 years in development and implementation of IT and/or managed telecommunications solutions
- Public/Private Sector experience, ideally with fortune 100 customers and all government agencies- federal, state and local.
- 7+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT-based products, services and solutions
- 5+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end to end delivery
- 5+ years experience in the development and implementation of one or more of the following:
- Internet of Things
- Smart Community Technology
- Data and IP Services (Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, Internet, etc)
- Managed Network Services (LAN, WAN, Content Delivery, WLAN, etc)
- Managed/Non Managed Unified Communications
- Managed/Non Managed Security Solutions (firewall, proxy, VPN, etc)
- Managed/Non Managed Mobility Solutions
- Data Center Outsourcing (cloud, application hosting, managed storage, etc)
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services, RTE)
- 7+ years in customer facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting, etc)
- BS or BA in Engineering Computer Science, or similar
- 2+ current Industry Certifications.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skill set. Must be able to present to Senior Level Engineers and well as Corporate Leaders such as CXO’s.
Desired Skills and Experience
- In-depth experience in technical consulting/advisory/strategy position supporting Fortune 100 companies at multiple interface levels (C-Level etc.)
- Experience with presenting technology strategies and market direction to Fortune 100 clients.
- Financial analysis experience (ROI, cost analysis, business case development, etc)
- “Big 5" consulting experience
- Masters in engineering, computer science or business administration
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7073534-connected-city-enterprise-architect
• Post ID: 43218178 raleigh