What you’ll be doing...
The goal of the Network and Security Engineer is to provide support on incident management and change management for, but not limited to, routers, switches, firewall, proxies, load balancers as a part of Verizon’s managed security services team. The position will rotate between a schedule of Sunday - Wednesday 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. and Tuesday - Saturday 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. You will be responsible for:
- Operating in a 7x24 environment, manage proactive network events, perform initial diagnostics, repair Verizon and third-party access problems, replace and reconfigure Customer-Premise Equipment (CPE), and escalate to level two technical support groups when necessary
- Proactively detect anomalies and performance issues and bring problems to resolution to the full satisfaction of our business partners, utilizing network performance monitoring tools to identify impairments that may affect managed network and services
- Perform end-to-end trouble isolation and repair on incidents related to LAN, WAN, and Security
- Interact with Customer Service Centers, Network Management Centers, Verizon Business Operations Groups, LECs, Account Teams and Customers to facilitate isolation and repair of faults in the network within established baseline objectives
- Participate in Major Incident bridge calls to perform concurrent troubleshooting with other technical groups, third-party vendors, and business partners to efficiently drive the incident to a resolution
- Maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts and keep business partners updated on efforts aimed at restoration of services
- Adhere to customer laid out processes and comply to ITIL best practices
What we’re looking for...
You Must Have:
- 3+ years of experience in firewall implementation, design, and support
- Must have experience supporting environments that include two or more of the following security devices/technologies: Enterprise Gateway architectures including: Firewalls (Check Point, Palo Alto, ASA, Fortinet); Application Proxies (Bluecoat, Iron Port); Global and Local load balancing (F5, Cisco ACE, Citrix Netscaler); SSL RAS ( Pulse Secure, Juniper, F5); Enterprise Management tools (Smart-1, Provider-1, Panorama, Forti-Manager, BC Director, and/or F5 Big-IQ)
- Must have experience supporting environments that include two or more of the following network devices/technologies: Router (Cisco), Switch (Cisco) Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Points (Cisco)
- The ability to work a schedule that rotates between Sunday - Wednesday 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. and Tuesday - Saturday 3 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Must be willing to work off hours to support planned maintenance window activities
- Candidate must achieve ITIL v3 Foundation certification within the first 6 months
Even Better If You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years focused on configuration, deployment, and administration of Checkpoint firewalls versions R77.0, R75.46, R80 and/or Palo Alto firewalls
- 3+ years focused on configuring and troubleshooting routers, switches, and wireless LAN devices
- Comfortable accessing and utilizing CLI functions of a Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama management system
- Experience creating firewall implementation plans, firewall rule and policy configurations, firewall code upgrades and migrations, and deployment of new firewall builds for Check Point and/or Palo Alto
- Experience with implementing and supporting various Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewall modules such as Wildfire, Threat Prevention, URL Filtering and Antivirus
- Router, Switch, and Firewall lifecycle management
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions
- Experience working in 24 x 7 centers with complex, high transaction, high availability environments.
- In depth understanding of networking technologies, eg. Cisco routers and switches
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen
- Possess a strong, multi-discipline, operations and implementations background with emphasis on supporting business critical environments
- Successful candidates will be expected to have an in depth knowledge of external services environments including SSL certificate exchange, Remote access solutions, and Business to Business interconnects
- Security Industry Certifications such as PCNSE, CISSP, CHFI, CEH, CCNP, CCNA.
- CCNA voice is a plus
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2380317-network-and-security-engineer
• Post ID: 56166847 raleigh