Throughout the years, Apex has been recognized as a leader in the staffing industry and recently won awards for corporate growth and client satisfaction. Apex offers significant opportunities for advancement as we expand to meet the needs of our clients and the marketplace.
For more information about Apex Systems, visit www. apexcareers. com.
Job DescriptionJob #: 803064
6+ month contract (permanent conversion)
Apex Systems is seeking candidates for Transport Engineering role that have opened up supporting a major wireless and data communications company in Cary, NC.
Provides technical support on DCS/Transport Network Elements to resolve equipment malfunctions, create procedures, assist with network problem isolation, and assist with hardware/software. Will assist DCS/Transport Technical Support engineers with operation, maintenance, and upgrade activities. Coordinate corrective actions with vendor as needed, minimizing calls to vendor as practical. Coordinate equipment upgrades with vendor, sites, and engineering. This position will be responsible for representing department during development, implementation, First Office Application (FOA), operation and maintenance of any new equipment, feature or corrective load.
- Provide complex technical support to SD&A, NMC’s, and peer groups
- Resolve complex technical demand maintenance issues
- Assist with network problem isolation
- Perform NE upgrades (software and hardware)
- Assist NMC technicians with operation and maintenance activities
- Coordinate corrective actions with vendor
- Create operational and maintenance procedures
- Coordinate and assist with equipment upgrades with vendor, sites, and engineering
- Represent the department during development, implementation, First Office Applications (FOA), operation, and maintenance of any new equipment, feature, or corrective loads.
- Reviews tickets open for greater than 1 month and provide direction for prompt resolution
- Provide 7X24 coverage, including weekend/holiday on-call support
- Provide input for vendor Operations Review meetings
- Research and resolve technical escalations
- Utilize software packages in support of duties (i.e. NMT, ProComm, Exceed, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Follow departmental guidelines as defined in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and subsequent emails
- Candidates should have a Bachelor degree or equivalent in electronics experience and four years of experience with DCS/Transport or related equipment.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, along with knowledge of data analytics tools (Splunk, Data Lake) and scripting processes and tools (Python).
- Shift work is a requirement in this position.
Must be able to demonstrate
- High level of proficiency in deployed DCS/Transport platforms
- High level of proficiency in the operation of the Verizon network
- High level of proficiency in trouble-shooting
- Data Analytics, Splunk (Big Data)
- Scripting Tools (Python)
- Leadership skills
- Expertise in the operation and use of a personal computer
- Proficiency in the operation and use of back-office support systems (MASTARS, vRepair, ETMS, MECCA, NETPRO, BGW, F&E, NIWS, etc.)
To be considered for this role, send updated resumes to John Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Transport Engineer – Cary”
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program